Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day

Since it's Valentine's day I thought I'd post a couple of my favorite love songs.
Let's start with one of my favorite singers, Sam Cooke.

Sam Cooke - You Send Me



Check out this great website on Sam Cooke.

Another great singer, and song - Otis Redding doing Try a Little Tenderness. This was recorded the day before his tragic plane crash.

Otis Redding - Try a Little Tenderness



Check out the Otis Redding site.

Now for something a little different, one of my favorite bands from the 1980s, showing that power-pop/punk bands can write love songs.

Husker Du - Greeen Eyes



Lyrics for Green Eyes

And finally, a song by Joe Ely about St. Valentine himself. (Well sorta, if he drove a red Continental and had a broken heart.)

Joe Ely - St. Valentine




Lyrics for St. Valentine

No comments:

Post a Comment