Sunday, August 7, 2011

Introductions

Well, I guess I should explain what I’ll be writing about in this blog. I wish I could, but as it is, I’m not entirely sure what I will be writing about, other that it will be things that interest me.  I do know that one of the main things that I will be writing about is music, so let’s get things started…
First off, the blog is named after a Ronnie Lane song.  I came to Ronnie’s music a little late. I was aware of the Small Faces, and the Faces, and of course early Rod Stewart, but it wasn’t until the Faces box set came out that I began to see what I was missing.  Then, when I began exploring Ronnie’s music, I found a musician and music that had everything I like.
I like acoustic instruments used in electric settings, and this had it all, fiddle, accordion, slide guitar, saxophone, what more could you want? But wait, then there was the emotion in the songs, not to mention the sense of fun. But I don’t want this to sound like a love letter to Ronnie Lane, check his music out for yourself.
How Come



Ooh La La



Debris

No comments:

Post a Comment