Friday, October 7, 2011

Stink Bugs

I hate stink bugs. 
 Every year when the weather turns cool, they try to find a place to hibernate, and every year they somehow find their way into the house. And every year they hide in the curtains in my son’s room. It’s on the north side of the house, so it’s cooler. They hide in the curtains and I have to collect them all and get rid of them. Did I mention that I hate stink bugs? Well I did one set of curtains and got rid of  about 20 of them, then I went to the second set of curtains and there were three clusters of at least 20 each. So I got those, and then decided to take the curtains down and take them outside, that way if there were more, I wouldn’t have to worry about them falling off the curtains, and then trying to hide somewhere else in the room.  Well, I get the curtains outside, and it’s a little warmer, so they start moving around.  Some fall off of the curtains and by this time I’m so frustrated with them that I start stomping on them.
I know what you’re thinking, “What does this have to do with music?” Well, I’ll tell you, while I’m stomping on the stink bugs that have fallen off the curtains, a song pops into my head. The song is Call of the Wrecking Ball by X.  I can’t say it made the job any easier, but it sure gave me a chuckle…
“…they call me wrecking ball, ‘cause I’m the baddest of them all.”
Here’s a version by the Knitters, which is sort of a “supergroup” consisting of Dave Alvin – Electric Guitar, John Doe – Acoustic Guitar, Exence Cervenka - Vocals, D.J. Bonebrake - Drums, and I’m not sure who’s playing bass here.

Just a disclaimer, this video not safe for work due to some language.

The Knitters - Wrecking Ball

No comments:

Post a Comment