Saturday, December 24, 2011

The Christmas Song

To stay in the Christmas mood, here’s one of my favorites Christmas songs. It’s The Christmas Song written by Mel Torme and Bob Wells. It’s been recorded by artists as diverse as Nat “King” Cole, Bing Crosby,  and Mel Torme, to The Jackson Five, New Kids on the Block, and Bob Dylan. Although Nat King Cole was the first person to have a hit with the song, I prefer it sung by Mel Torme. (Although I have a good version by Bing, but I couldn’t find a video of it.) The story behind the song is that they wrote it during an extremely hot summer… actually, I’ll let Mel tell the story.
Mel Torme - The Christmas Song



Here's Mel with Judy Garland




Nat King Cole




The Jackson 5




Hope you enjoy the song, and have a Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment