Saturday, December 22, 2012

Ronnie Lane Live at Rockpalast 1980

Every so often I do a search on Ronnie Lane to see if anything new has shown up.  I was pleasantly surprised to see that someone posted a video I hadn't seen before, a full concert from 1980. Originally recorded for German music TV show Rockpalast.




Here's a link to the Rockpalast Archive that gives the set list and musicians.
Rockpalast Archive 

1980 was towards the end of Ronnie's performing career,( before MS stopped him from performing) but he seems in fine form, playing his songs, Faces songs, and old standards.It doesn't hurt that he has some great musicians backing him up including Ian Stewart (Rolling Stones), Henry McCullough (Wings, Grease Band), Bruce Rowland (Fairport Convention, Grease Band), and Charlie Hart and Chrissie Stewart who had played with Ronnie in Slim Chance. (Okay so did Bruce  but...) Not to mention the Sax players, George and Raymond Carless.
I enjoyed watching this concert, any footage of Ronnie is good to see. I was a little disappointed that he was playing a Strat and Ovation instead of his Zemaitis, but like I said, any footage of Ronnie is good.
My favorites were a slightly revamped How Come, Debris, Kuschty Rye (with Henry McCullough playing Mandolin), and One for the Road. Also, as strange as it seems, I also like it when musicians mess up on stage, and Ronnie forgets the words in You Never Can Tell - priceless.
Enjoy!



2 comments:

  1. Hello! I put this on youtube, if you search for the youtube channel stevierobhan i also put a couple of Ronnie Lane gigs from Texas in the 80s on there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mr Reverb, I'll have to look for them. I love seeing new footage (to me) of Ronnie.
      cdat

      Delete